Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 recap

The week between Christmas and New Years is my favorite. I don't have to work! So typically I spend time lounging around the house, working on little projects, reading, and thinking. Lots of time to think about New Years resolutions - many of which I've already started on. (Two pounds already, yeah!)

But first I don't want to leave 2007 without looking at it as another past year in my life; history.

It was a good year.

I started the year wanting (again) to spend more quality time with my family, and I think I did that. This year, even more.

Here's some highlights from my 2007:

- Motorcycle trip to Rocky Mountains. This was spectacular. It's always nice to get away with Steve and not worry about work and other stuff, but when we can go someplace beautiful and have the freedom of the road and explore, that's what we love. Hopefully another trip next year. I'm dreaming about the Grand Canyon.

- Individual accomplishment: Lacey's graduation. I'm so proud of my daughter who worked her butt off earning her massage therapy degree. Lacey is such a joyful person and a gift to everyone. It's wonderful to have seen her set and accomplish her goal and now it's fun to see her begin her career.

- My web site. When I chose my fall semester class I really wanted to do something different to challenge myself and go into an area that I had no experience. "Hey, if they can do it, why not?" Wow, it was really hard and I don't ever want to have to do web sites but at least I know kind of how to put things together. It wasn't fun but I feel like I really accomplished something.

Lots of other cool things happened in 2007 but on to 2008. I'm excited about the upcoming year and hope you are too.

No comments: